Meijer Shopping Guide
Meijer shoppers keep coming back for the wide selection of products, friendly customer service, and varied services offered by the regional hypermarket retail chain. Meijer offers a one-stop shop for groceries, household goods, electronics, furniture, toys, health and beauty products, pet food, clothing and baby items. Meijer is known for its already low prices as well as the weekly ads and deals that can give you an even greater bang for your buck. If you regularly shop at Meijer, you have probably checked out their seasonal deals and specials, including unbeatable Black Friday offers.
Attention Meijer Shoppers! Meijer Credit Card and the mPerks Loyalty Program
You can easily take advantage of the sales, promotions, and advantages of being a credit card holder and mPerks member. So what can you get with an mPerks membership? The mPerks program offers personalized rewards, giving you money back just for buying exactly what you need. You can also earn points for the Meijer pharmacy. Members get access to digital coupons, weekly ads, exclusive offers, and personalized rewards. On average, customers save over $200 per year with their free mPerks loyalty program membership.
If you really want to maximize your savings, go for the Meijer Credit Card or the Meijer Mastercard. You can get $10 off your first purchase, save 10 cents per gallon at Meijer Gas Stations, earn $10 reward for every $750 spent, get exclusive savings events and pay NO ANNUAL FEE. If you get the Meijer Mastercard, you will get $100 statement credit if you spend $1000 outside of the Meijer store within the first 90 days. You can also earn rewards for all spending where the Mastercard is accepted.
Meijer Hacks and Coupon Deals
So Meijer is always offering weekly ads, sales, and digital coupons. The best way to save is to combine your mPerks membership with coupons, and other sales throughout the year. Find weekly ads and deals with your mobile phone or on the Out of Milk website. Here are a few other insider hacks for the most hardcore Meijer shoppers:
- Even if you forgot your mPerks number at the checkout counter, you can also enter your receipt into the system later.
- Fuel up! You can get special fuel deals on mPerks at the Meijer gas station. Don’t forget to check back often for weekly ads and deals.
- Free prescriptions! Don’t forget that Meijer has a free prescription program and that these prescriptions are treated just like any other prescription. You can still earn mPerks Pharmacy Rewards!
Meijer was founded in 1934 by Hendrik Meijer in Greenville, Michigan. Since then, the company has grown to 223 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. The brand is known for pioneering the “one-stop shopping”” concept and has evolved since its founding to include fresh produce, high-quality means, pharmacies, apparel, gardening, and electronics.
Meijer is a company known for its charitable giving and donations. The company is family-owned and is committed to meeting the needs of other families in the areas it serves. The company has raised $26 million for Midwest Pantries since 2008. The company also has a free prescription program and has dispensed more than 30 million free prescriptions, 6 million alone in 2015. The prescription program helps to ensure the health of families and individuals by filling prescriptions regardless of insurance co-pay. It places a special focus on filling prescriptions for children and has expanded over the use by offering free prenatal vitamins; free Metformin for type 2 diabetes, and atorvastatin calcium, the generic form of Lipitor to help reduce cholesterol. This free prescription saved customers $37.7 million in one year alone. Customers have also saved $10.6 million on Metformin, $10 million on antibiotics, and $11 million on prenatal vitamins. This cost-savings to customers is evidence of the service and dedication of this retailer.
Why We Love Meijer
Did we mention “one-stop shopping”? So, the major bonus of heading to Meijer is that you can pretty much find whatever you are looking for without having to run around town wasting gas and literally driving yourself crazy. In addition to saving time, you’ll also save money on the low prices combined with regular weekly ads and sales going on at Meijer. The locations are well organized, well-stocked, and the staff is extremely helpful so that you can always count on quality service. Some of our favorite things about Meijer also include:
- Everything baby and kids! Babies and toddlers grow out of their clothing almost as fast as they ruin it. We love the selection of baby clothes at Meijer so that we can stock up by season and whenever there is a sale. You can also find all of the baby supplies you need including diapers, formula, wipes, and a wide selection of toys to keep your little ones happy.
- The bonus services. So for Meijer, one stop shop doesn’t just apply to all of your family household and apparel needs. You can also count on the Meijer pharmacy and optical center for your prescription and eyewear needs. The bakery and deli are also a convenient way for you to stock up for a party, pick up a cake, and make hosting easy.
- The Meijer horse! Regulars and their little ones will remember the Meijer horse as a fun stop outside the store.
- Seasonal favorites! Whether it’s Back to School, Halloween, Christmas, or Fourth of July, Meijer is the place to go for holiday decorating, snacks and sweets, catering, and all of your party needs.
- Do you love craft brews? So does Meijer! In addition to being well-stocked with favorite local brews, Meijer has created more than $100 million in economic impact for local craft breweries.
- DIY lovers gone wild! If you love DIY projects, Meijer is the perfect destination to pick up a wide selection of tools and supplies.